So you’ve decided to eat healthy–whether your trying to lose weight , or just eat a more balanced diet. What do you do when you have a taste for, let’s say CHINESE FOOD? Put down that take out menu and try this healthier alternative instead!
1/4 pound beef top round steak Orange Sauce Nonstick spray coating* 4 green onions, bias-sliced into I -inch pieces 1 clove garlic, minced 1 tablespoon cooking oil (optional) 6 cups tom fresh spinach 1/2 8-ounce can (1/3 cup) sliced water chestnuts, drained 2 cups hot cooked rice
DIRECTIONS: 1. Partially freeze meat. Then, thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips.
2. Prepare Orange Sauce; set aside.
3. Spray a wok or 12-inch skillet with nonstick spray coating. Heat over medium-high beat.
4. Stir-fry onions and garlic for 1 minute; remove from wok. If necessary, add 1 tablespoon oil.
5. Stir fry meat for 2 to 3 minutes or till done. Push meat away from center of wok.
6. Stir Orange Sauce and pour into the center of wok. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
7. Stir in spinach, water chestnuts, and onion mixture. Cover and cook for 1 minute.
Serve over rice.
1. In a small bowl stir together I tablespoon cornstarch, I teaspoon sugar, and I teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules.
2. Stir in I teaspoon finely shredded orange peel, 1/2 cup orange juice, and I tablespoon soy sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
*Note: You may need to cook the beef in the oil to keep it from sticking to the wok. If you do, add 25 calories to the calorie count of each serving.
TIME: Preparation Time: 30 min. Cooking Time: 6 min.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING: 28g protein
-Low Fat -Low Cholesterol
28g protein 40g carbohydrate l0g fat 60mg cholesterol 878mg sodium 895mg potassium -Low Fat -Low Cholesterol 20g protein 37g carbohydrate 7g fat 46mg cholesterol 428mg sodium 648mg potassium -Low Fat -Low Cholesterol